Questions? Visit the scholarship recipient information page
GHC Student Scholarships are made possible by the Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology through generous grants from the National Science Foundation and Google. Google is underwriting additional women of color and international student scholarships “Global Community Scholarships” this year.
The applications deadline for 2006 Grace Hopper Celebration Student Scholarships has now passed. The deadline was June 1, 2006. You may view your application at: https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/ghc2006/
Note: If you are applying for a Google Global Community Scholarship, please state this fact in the first sentence of the essay portion of your application so you may be considered.
- If you attend the conference, your major expenses will be: registration (which includes most meals), lodging, and airfare. Some scholarships will be awarded which fully cover these costs. Other scholarships will only partially cover these costs.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified around August 1, 2006.
- In order to best serve the most students, when awarding scholarships we give slight preference to students who receive $300 toward the cost of the conference from their departments. Please talk with other women in your computer science courses, your women-in-computing organization, or your department chair about the possibility of some departmental funding before you apply for a scholarship. Of course, this is only one of the criteria used when awarding scholarships; we encourage you to apply even if your department is not providing funding.
- When awarding scholarships, we give slight preference to women who are presenting a paper at the conference. Please note that presenting at the conference does not guarantee you a scholarship.
- Women enrolled in community colleges are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
- Men are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
- If you will be traveling to the U.S. from another country, please be sure to allot enough time to apply for a visa and get your visa approved. Please check with the U.S. government about visa requirements well in advance of the conference date.
If you have questions, please e-mail: email@example.com